Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another few days in Saudi



Some pics of when we went to Bahrain.

Below, us playing around in the BUGGY!



MAR'HABA!

Sorry I have not posted anything in quite some time. I don't know if anybody actually ever reads this, so I didn't ever care to update. These past days have been something else! We got a new car finally, and not ten minutes after the guy dropped it off, my dad was just like "ohh, lets go to Baharain." (thats a whole different country) So we just took off and left. It was quite the experience- let me tell you. It's probably thirty minutes away, but with traffic it took about five hours. It was a nice trip though, driving here is absolutely positively CRAZY! Nobody follows traffic laws, there are no lanes, men watch tv while they drive, everyone gets road rage, people honk nonstop, and they don't look before they move. SCARY! We went shopping, and then we went to eat, and after we ate we saw a movie. At the mall the Krispy Kreme donut shop guys did a dance, it was really hilarious! The movie we saw was YesMan. It was so funny, it has Jim Carrey in it. He is so hilarious, he plays in one of my favorite movies, Bruce Almighty! ANYWAY, lately I have basically just been doing school work and other things here and there. I have to take Arabic at my new school, as you can tell. I said something in Arabic above, that means hello. lol Everybody here INCLUDING MY TEACHERS always try to imitate my accent. You know, before I moved here I never thought of me having an accent, but apparently I do have a pretty strong one! People say its starting to get better though, so I don't know if it is going away, or if they are just getting used to it. I hope they are getting used to it because if I do have an accent, I would at least like to keep it! I will try to get better on this blogging thing. I feel like I am rambling on and on. OKAY SO, it was this kids birthday last week (James). That day our school got half of a day, and the school forgot to call the busses to come and get the kids in my area because the busses aren't owned from the school. Me and this kid (Taylor) called a taxi, then we were going to go meet James and a few others(samantha, francis,max,and another girl) at Chili's downtown to eat for James's birthday. So me and Taylor got there quite a while later, and when we arrive, we see a guy fighting, YES FIGHTING with the police. It was so crazy, we got out of the taxi and stood there and stared for a while, then Taylor informed me we better get inside before they come after us next. hahaha We ate and had a great time. Then we(me, james, max, francis, and taylor) got a taxi back and we were back in our compound walking on the street, and find a buggy. (they called it a "shopping cart") so we played in it. We got in it and ran down the hill and road. Then we (me, james, taylor, and max) all went to Taylor's house and just hung out. Then I went home, and went to another birthday party! This one was for my new friend Hayleigh. It was a blast; there was a DJ and a Shwarma maker, and it was a dress up party. There were alot of kids from school there. It was a "your a loser if you don't go" type of thing. So EVERYONE went! It was honestly the funnest day I have had here yet. Well, I will try to keep this updated. Leave me some comments (minfadhlek)! I love you and miss you all! I will be back in 103 days, I THINK THATS CORRECT!

maa'alsalaamah (:

5 comments:

  1. Whitney, love your blog. Keep posting all your funny things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney......I just read your post outloud to SB and Mrs. Andrea. Sounds like you had a great time. It is so cool to hear about your adventures. It scares me and yet entertains me at the same time when I think about you gallivanting around places I cannot even pronounce. Take care, we miss you but are so happy for you.

    BTW- Tell Evan I said he was a loser!!!! :)

    Mr. Zack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! It sounds like you have a log of fun there! You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And don't ever think that an accent is a bad thing...something that should get better. Your accent is part of what makes you you!!! Don't change it!! Mrs. Andrea---signed on under MC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew Ms. Andrea would have something to say about that accent thing....I agree!!!

    ReplyDelete